Friday, June 27, 2008

CVS Trip 2 on Friday



So, I made my second trip to CVS today and it was much better in terms of OOP money! I took my daughter which made me LOSE some ECBs, but hopefully taught her some couponing and gave her a treat! Two transactions again.

Transaction #1
Duracell 8pk AA, $5.29
Bounty Basic, $5.49
Charmin Ultrasoft x2, $5.99
Bic Pencils (for my daughter!), $4.49
Plastic Poker Cards (for at the pool), $6.49
Subtotal = $33.74

Used
$5/30 Email
$3/15 CRT
$.25 Charmin
$.25 Bounty
$2 ECB
$10 ECB
$12 ECB

OOP $1.57 and earned $10 ECB

At this point the assistant manager seemed amused, because I had to send my daughter back for the cards as a filler to use my $5/30 coupon (I had thought it was $5/25!)

Transaction #2
2 Nature's Bounty Glucosamine 60 Count, B1G1 Free, $12.49 (My joints need some help...)
Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream (filler again!) $4.79
Subtotal= $17.28

Used
$2 off Nature's Bounty
$2 off Nature's Bounty
$3/15 CRT
$10 ECB

OOP $0.38!!!

But here's the kicker. I had hardly ANY cash ($0.07), so I was going to put the $0.38 on my debit card. The assistant manager laughed and said don't bother, it was on him!! So, I gave him my $0.07 and told him this would definitely be my new favorite CVS in town right now! How awesome was that?

So, taking my daughter had me spend $15.77 I wouldn't have... but it was fun to get her out of the house, since she is a surly teenager and we actually laughed a lot and ate the pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in the car on the way home (not all of it)! And I've rarely had $32 ECBs at once, so I didn't mind blowing them. It's so easy to build them back up!

In summary, $51.06 (sale price) in merchandise for $1.64 OOP!! More like $77 in stockpile-able stuff! And I do still have $8 in ECBs left to build back up!

I do love CVS!

No comments: