Friday, June 27, 2008

CVS Trip 1 on Thursday

So, yesterday I did the Soy Joy bars deal, as you can see from the above post. I also couldn't pass up two money makers, the toothpaste and the cotton balls. I got some Aussie Conditioner and some Gold Bond lotion and a little container filler item.

There was a problem with my first transaction, because apparently the apple flavored Soy Joy bars are not ringing up as $1 each and not providing ECBs, so I made the cashier refund them and bought two strawberry flavored ones.

Transaction Breakdown
#1 (How it should have been)
16 Soy Joy Bars at 1.00 each
-$3/15 CRT
= 13 bucks
Used
$2 ECB
$3 ECB
$6.99 ECB

Paid 1.62 OOP and got 16 ECBs!

Transaction #2
1 Aussie Moist Conditioner, $2.99
2 Colgate Total Advanced, $2.99 each
4 Soy Joy bars, $1 each
1 CVS Cotton Balls, $1.69
1 Package Mini-containers, $1.50
1 Gold Bond Ultimate, 1 oz, $.99
Subtotal = $17.15
Used
$1 off any hand or body lotion CRT
$1.50 (2) off Colgate
$3/$15 CRT
$2 CVS Skincare Coupon
$4 ECB

OOP 4.46
Received $2 ECB, $4 ECB, $4 ECB

So, in total, about 35 dollars worth of merchandise for $6 or so OOP. And I had a total of $32 ECBs in hand (a $10 one left over previously). I messed up a bit on the second transaction by NOT paying attention to what denomination ECBs I had - I had a $4 ECB and a $10 ECB. My subtotal after all the coupons was $8-something. I didn't want to take the loss from the $10 ECB and there were enough people behind me in line that I felt flustered to go grab a $2 filler, so I just used the $4 ECB and paid more OOP.

I was disappointed that the CVS did not have the Charmin for the deal, so I guess I will be going back for that.

No comments: